These historic artifacts were framed using our Java collection. This collection is deeply engrave with global designs and features a rich ebony finish. The elegance and design of the frame matches an environment of any style.
The specialty textured matting harmonizes the piece with a subtle earth tone that is reminiscent of the ancient subject matter.
The piece is sandwiched in conservation glass so that it can be removed from display and viewed at all angles.
- Do not use glass cleaner on your frame. It can seep through the wood along the edges and potentially dampened the microenvironment inside your frame. A dry microfiber will do the trick.
- Do not use furniture polish on frames. Most frames have a special finish to keep it’s luster. Attempting to polish the wood could cause fading and damage to the aesthetic value of the moulding. Gently clean your frame using a dry cloth.
- Do not display important pieces near an exterior door or in direct sunlight. Frame of Mind uses UV protective glass on any framing project but heat and humidity can cause the wood and paper in your frame to weaken, bend, and wrinkle.
- Do not store important work in a garage, basement, or attic. Conservation of important artwork and artifacts can only be maintained in a controlled environment. Store your unhung frames in an empty room or closet. Leaning your frames against the wall is a good way to store them, or you may stack them with acid free foam core between each piece. always store frames back to back or face to face to avoid scratches on the face of the frame from hardware.
- Use two nails to ensure a balanced and sturdy hang.
- Do not hang important artwork in the bathroom. Changes in humidity and the close proximity to water can encourage the growth of mold.
If it’s worth saving, its worth framing!Bring us your most valued pieces to choose a frame design that will last a lifetime.
These two Egyptian pieces on papyrus traveled a long way to find their permanent home. The microenvironment provided by their frames will ensure that they will stay vibrant and safe for a very long time.
The classic gold frame with gold filet combo is an elegant design that is timeless. The rich, tan, 8ply matting gives it’s companion piece depth with neutral sand tones that go well in any environment. The matting is an important element of picture framing because it not only gives your valuables a place to rest, but it also keeps them away from any particles that could travel through the frame and prevents sticking to the 99% UV protectant museum glass that is the barrier between the artwork and the dangers of the outside environment