- This event has passed.
The Music of What Happens
May 7, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
Calling all Poets!
We will be hosting an open mic night @frameofmind_art May 7th Saturday from 5pm to 8pm called, “The Music of What Happens” during the Ormond Beach Art Walk.
The content will be POETRY. If you would like to be a part of this event as a reader please send me the poem(s) you plan on reading to my email firstname.lastname@example.org or direct message me on Instagram @passthewax so I can review them and make sure their content lines up with the guidelines discussed by Frame of Mind and myself. Those guidelines are to please avoid explicit language and propaganda.
In your message to me please include the following:
- The poems you would like to read.
- The ONE poem you would like to have printed for the gallery (we will be accepting a maximum of 20 poems to print, one poem per poet, first come first serve). Include a personal headshot as well so we can attach a picture of you to the poem you want printed to hang on the gallery walls. Sizes: 13×19 poem 5×7 headshot.
- The headshot/visual portion of the poem can be a “creative expression” of whatever you so choose. Maybe you have an illustration to go along with your poem, a signature/ muse which is meaningful to you as a counterpart to your poem, or just your headshot.
- Please have your poems and headshot sent to me by May 3rd at the latest so Frame of Mind has time to get them all printed.
***If you would like to have your poem printed and posted in Frame of Minds May Art Gallery we only ask that you pay a $20 charge to cover the printing costs. That money can be paid to @Conner-Cowan-3 via Venmo
A few notes about the event:
- The poets who contact me first with a confirmation that they will be reading will also be the first people who get to read. If there is time after everyone who has signed up to read has done so the mic will be open for voluntary reading.
- Please keep your time in front of the mic brief so that everyone who has signed up will be able to read. We ask that each poet only read between three-four poems if they are shorter verse and between two-three if they are longer verse.
- Please be mindful of your audience. Considering that this event will be occurring during the Ormond Art Walk there will be children and families together. Frame of Mind Art Gallery asks that you avoid explicit language/ images and propaganda.
This event is designed as a way to give poets in our community a space to freely express their voices through an open mic reading. If you have any questions please contact me, not Frame of Mind, as they are already busy enough with their own clients and working hours, at the email or Instagram handle listed in the first part of this message.